How-To Listening Guide for Podcast Novices
There are two ways to enjoy podcasts: through streaming or download. Streaming podcast episodes means listening to them online: the audio is transmitted via the Internet while you listen. If you download episodes, on the other hand, you have access to them offline—perfect for on-the-go listening wherever and whenever you like.
Streaming Making Gay History Episodes through Our Website
You can listen to all our episodes directly from your computer or phone right here on our website. Just locate the episode you’d like to hear via our website’s navigation menu; you’ll find an episode player right at the top of each episode webpage. Now hit the button, sit back, and enjoy! While you’re there, check out our episode notes for background information, photos, and transcripts.
Downloading Making Gay History Episodes Onto Your Smartphone or Tablet
Never miss an episode! If you subscribe to Making Gay History on the podcast app of your choice, you’ll have access to all our episodes—and each new episode we release will automatically load onto your listening device. Here’s how:
- Get a podcast app (e.g., Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, NPR One, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, …):
- If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, download your favorite iOS podcast app in the App Store. The purple Apple Podcasts app comes preinstalled on recent iPhone and iPad models.
- Android users, download your favorite podcast app through the Google Play Store. Google Podcasts is Android’s dedicated podcast app.
- Do a search for “Making Gay History” and tap our logo, or find us through our “Subscribe” page.
- Depending on which podcast app you use, you’ll have the option to “Subscribe” or “Follow” our podcast, or hit the “+” or “♡” to add it to your “Favorites” (see the screenshot). All our episodes are now ready for download, and the next time you load the app, any new episodes we’ve dropped will be waiting for you right there in your “Library,” “Shows You Follow,” or “Favorites” lists.
Downloading Making Gay History Episodes Onto Your Computer
The easiest way to subscribe to Making Gay History on your computer is through iTunes (which is available for Mac and PC). Search for our podcast in the iTunes store, click “Subscribe,” and access our episodes in your “Library.”
Listening to Making Gay History in Your Car
Listening to podcasts on the road has never been easier. In fact, some podcast apps like Stitcher and Spotify are now being integrated into certain car models. In general, the Bluetooth connection you use to make hands-free calls also allows you to play downloaded audio directly from your phone or tablet. Just sync your device to your car, choose the right setting on your car stereo, and play our podcast. Car not equipped with Bluetooth? Use a simple auxiliary audio cable to plug your phone or tablet into the AUX socket of your car’s speaker system. Or plug a Bluetooth FM transmitter into the AUX socket.
Listening to Making Gay History through Your Smart Speakers
For voice control guidance and to find out which podcast apps are available on your Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod, or Sonos, visit the website of your smart speaker system of choice.
Spread the Love
If you enjoy Making Gay History, please post a rating and review on iTunes or wherever you listen to our show. Thanks!